Woodford Reserve Distillers Select
Woodford Reserve isn’t manufactured, it’s crafted in small batches. This artisanal process allows us to craft using all five sources of bourbon flavor giving it its distinct taste and crisp, clean finish.
The art of making fine bourbon first took place on the site of the Woodford Reserve Distillery, a National Historic Landmark, in 1812. The perfectly balanced taste of our Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is comprised of more than 200 detectable flavor notes, from bold grain and wood, to sweet aromatics, spice, and fruit & floral notes.
- ABV: 40%
- Appearance: Clean, brilliant honey amber.
- Nose: Heavy with rich dried fruit, hints of mint and oranges covered with a dusting of cocoa. Faint vanilla and tobacco spice.
- Taste: Rich, chewy, rounded and smooth, with complex citrus, cinnamon and cocoa.
- Toffee, caramel, chocolate and spice notes abound.
- Finish: Silky smooth, almost creamy at first with a long, warm satisfying tail.
Nestled amid the rolling hills of bluegrass and thoroughbred farms sits our historic Woodford Reserve Distillery.
One of Kentucky’s oldest and smallest distilleries, the present day Woodford Reserve Distillery is built on history, sitting on Kentucky’s oldest distilling site where Elijah Pepper began crafting whiskey in 1812. It was on these same hallowed grounds that years later Master Distiller James Christopher Crow perfected his whiskey-making methods, which today have become common practice, including the implementation of sour mash into fermentation.
The Distillery is home to a 500-foot-long gravity-fed barrel run, our iconic copper pot stills, and 100-year-old cypress wood fermenters. We also boast one of the only heat cycled barrel houses in the world, ensuring every drop seeps into the charred and toasted white oak, giving Woodford Reserve its color and signature flavor.
Awards & Acclaims
- 2015 Ultimate Spirits Challenge: Excellent, Highly Recommended
- 2014 Whiskies of the World Awards: Gold Medal
- 2014, 2012, 2011 San Francisco World Spirits Competition: Gold Medal
- 2013 San Francisco World Spirits Competition: Double Gold Medal
- 2012 International Spirits Challenge: Best in Class, Gold Medal
- 2012 Ultimate Spirits Challenge: Extraordinary, Ultimate Recommendation
- 2009 Whisky Magazine: Whisky Innovator of the Year
- 2009 SIP Awards: Platinum Medal
- 2009 New York Spirits Awards: Best of Class, Whiskies
- 2005, 2001, 2000 World Spirits Competition: Double Gold Medal
- 2003 International Spirits Challenge: Gold Medal
- 2001 International Wine & Spirits Competition: Gold Medal
- 1999 International Spirits Challenge: Best in Class, Bourbon